Complacency killed the cat

Posted on

So I’ve been blogging/dieting now for about 6 weeks and it’s been such great fun. What I love the most is the fact that I can be completely open and honest. For many years I would secretly eat in the kitchen and feel horribly guilty about it… Usually driving me to eat more. In keeping with the honesty theme, I want to come clean and tell you that I’ve gained a pound this week. I went to Manchester to visit some old friends and unfortunately also visited some old habits.

You might remember from this post here that I went for tea last Sunday… Well for some reason it set a precedent to eat bad the whole week. It’s interesting how when we’re on a diet we tend to throw the baby out with the bath water… Meaning just because we have one bad day we feel it’s an excuse to have a bad week. The resultant guilt is horrible and that can drive us to completely throw the towel in.

In reality it’s only 1 pound… I must remember to get back on the wagon and limit my damage to just this 1 pound. What doesn’t help the fact is that I’m going on holiday next week to here:

Jumeirah_Zabeel_Saray1

With these buffet options:

embedimperiumbrunch2

God help me!

11 thoughts on “Complacency killed the cat

Stephanie said:
    February 23, 2014 at 5:25 pm

I sure hope he is listening because looking at that hotel…I don’t fancy your chances!!

February 23, 2014 at 5:26 pm

haha!

Oileanach An Alba said:
    February 23, 2014 at 5:38 pm

You can do this 🙂 Maybe allow yourself a few small indulgences so you don’t crack big-time due to total deprivation?

frizzzante said:
    February 23, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Choose the options at the buffet with high protein and when you indulge yourself, just exercise – I’m sure they have a very fine gym there.

Stephanie Morris said:
    February 23, 2014 at 9:17 pm

You can do it 🙂 My weakness is desserts…of all varieties! But, I have found that lots of times, the appearance of buffet desserts really don’t reflect the actual TASTE. Usually (for me) the first tiny bite is such a disappointment, I can easily pass on finishing it. Unless it’s homemade…then all bets are off!

February 23, 2014 at 11:11 pm

A buffet is a buffet to me haha

blakebrookcottage said:
    February 23, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I had a gain this week too, I over indulged on a rare night out! So long as you know ‘why’ you’re still in control. Hope you have a fab time away, it looks amazing! If it were me going, I would eat what I wanted in smaller portions and swim every day! You only live once 🙂

February 23, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Swimming is a good idea… it doesn’t seem like gruelling exercise. I can’t see myself entering a gym lol

gofatness2fitness said:
    February 25, 2014 at 2:12 am

You can do it. The important thing is that you ALWAYS get back on the wagon. If you fall off and never get back on, that’s where you’ll stay.

March 1, 2014 at 10:25 am

This is great advice. It’s really about nipping it in the bud and not going way overboard!

The Imperfect Kitchen said:
    February 25, 2014 at 9:28 am

By the size of the woman in the buffet photo the food’s terrible so you’ll have nothing to worry about!