Dirty weekend in Manchester

Posted on

Hey guys, I had a great weekend in Manchester visiting some old friends (I went to uni there). I’ve addressed the fact that I screwed up on my diet in this post here. Anyway, I was really impressed with the new restaurants that have popped up since I left. If you ever go, here’s where I recommend (p.s. if you’re feeling hungry PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST):

Home Sweet Home – Rated 8 star of Davids… website here

Chicken bites, sweet potato fries, slaw, blue cheese and BBQ dip. Heaven

2014-02-21 13.42.35

Dirty fries for dirty whores

2014-02-21 13.42.46

2014-02-21 13.42.52

2014-02-21 13.31.51

2014-02-21 13.22.42

Gingers Comfort Emporium – Rated 8 star of Davids – more info here

I had the salted caramel peanut butter… it was like a Reece’s cup jizzed on my face

2014-02-21 15.41.28-1

Tea Cup – very good cakes here…. 6 star of Davids for this one … more info here

2014-02-20 15.21.32

Akbars – 9 star of Davids… this place is my favourite all time curry in Manchester… just look at the naan breads! We had to come back and visit here. Website info here 🙂

2014-02-20 21.15.12

7 thoughts on “Dirty weekend in Manchester

Claudia said:
    February 24, 2014 at 12:19 am

That was some full on feasting 🙂 It all looks gorgeous. Glad you had fun!

mpwilson said:
    February 24, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Mmmmm food. Especially those Dirty Fries, they sort of remind me of the amazing poutines you can get back in Montreal (fries, cheese curds and gravy is the basic version.. yumm).

scottlapier said:
    February 24, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Getting hungry just reading about the food. I’d love to try making those dirty fries for myself sometime.

anewme said:
    February 25, 2014 at 7:52 am

OMG I couldn’t handle this post! so much yumminess. torture on my diet hehe

March 1, 2014 at 10:25 am

You were warned!! haha

The Imperfect Kitchen said:
    February 25, 2014 at 9:18 am

I’ve just had dinner and now I want more food. Damn you…

March 1, 2014 at 10:25 am

Sorry I seem to have that affect on people! Not great is it lol