Big Fat Jewish Fraud

Posted on

So today marks the 10,000th view to my site – I cant believe how great the response has been so far.  Who would have thought that so many people want to see a fat Jew struggling to lose a few pounds. This blog is built on honesty and I need to be honest with my readers, I’ve struggled to lose weight for a few weeks now. The following set of circumstances have lead me to binge like a mofo slightly over-eat…

– I was a fatty in Manchester… I mean… it would be rude not to try Peanut Butter Salted Caramel ice cream – an even better match than Jay Z and Beyonce

– High tea with my grandma at the grove. I didn’t want to hurt her feelings by not eating, the poor thing (see the delicious post here)

– Going away on holiday to Dubai… Most people take risks like sky diving whilst going away… I myself take on ice cream challenges. I let my inhibitions go and I became a full on animal eating CHEESECAKE IN THE BATH. see how Big Jew takes on the worlds LARGEST buffet here as well.

Unknown

Unknown-1

IMG_6470

Anyway, the point of this post is a) to say thanks b) to own up to my actions and c) Ask you guys the following – how to you get back into the rhythm ? I need your help here guys! 🙂

Thanks again for reading x

20 thoughts on “Big Fat Jewish Fraud

Antonieta Reyes said:
    March 24, 2014 at 7:37 pm

WOW! Excellent question. I’ve been on this journey for just under 8 months so my interruptions have been very brief and easy to jump over so I am not sure how useful this advice actually is, but here it goes. The goal is not to lose weight. Weight loss is a side-effect. The goal is to eat mindfully… live mindfully (don’t read metaphysics here… there are none). I’d say go back to basics: get rid of unhealthy food in the house, start (or restart) a food journal, remember which exercise is your favorite and get back on it. Start with any one of three, all three, or whatever. Chances are that you’ll fall right back into your old (good) habits just as easily as you fell out. We, humans, are not too complicated after all. We just seem that way. Good luck!

March 25, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Thanks for the helpful post. I need to always remember that this isn’t a short-term, quick-fix diet plan. This is for my longterm health. Thanks for reminding me of that 🙂

keep reading, I love the comments! 🙂

hikingtohealthy said:
    March 24, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Congrats on the great numbers! I am in the middle of my own staying focused struggle and trying to figure this out myself… So this week I have decided to focus on one thing and keep at it, which is honest food journeling in hopes that I can shake myself out of this funk. You can get back on track! Good Luck!

pammyandlesleydiet said:
    March 24, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I always find restarting an exercise programme helps me to get back into healthy eating cos I dislike the gym and I’d rather spend less time there so I adjust my diet accordingly. Also, I find tracking obsessively after every meal helps me to keep my eating in control cos somehow seeing it written down makes me feel worse (sorry, more aware) than just eating the junk. But ultimately, the thing that usually kick starts me? Seeing a photo thats taken at an unflattering angle (all angles, when I really need a kick) or feeling clothes that are getting tighter that shouldn’t be is usually a great motivator for me! Good luck in getting back on it… Lesley

March 25, 2014 at 6:32 pm

And to Lesley.. thank you also for the motivating words! Looking at pictures of when I was thin and gorgeous also helps haha!

monteithslythersuth said:
    March 24, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I downloaded this app called Lose It! on my phone. You put in your weight and how much you want to lose, and how fast. Everyday, you add the foods you ate, and the workouts you did that day. It calculates the calories. I love it! I have lost whatever I wanted to lose on it and now I use it as a tracker to keep in my current state of perfection.

March 25, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Great advice. I’m looking at it now… it definitely helps to track things. Thanks for commenting 🙂

Claudia said:
    March 24, 2014 at 11:14 pm

For me it’s ‘Just keep moving’. If I stop even attempting to exercise, I’m lost. Even if all I feel as though I can extend to is a 1 or 2 km walk, it’s better than nothing and it signals to me that I haven’t given up.

March 25, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Great advice 🙂 Thanks for your motivating words!

Poem and Dish said:
    March 24, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Hi, I have never really struggled with a weight problem, just a few extra kilos at times that I try to get rid of quickly. So I hope this can help a little. What I do is that I stop sugar and wheat completely, no more than one sweet treat per week and only if it’s worth it. I find that if I stop sugar, my body after a few days no longer craves it. This way I lose the extra weight without being hungry or feeling that I am on a diet, I never go for any strict diets. I love my food too much.
    In the long run perhaps a good idea is to realise how bad sugar is for your overall health and that it’s not just about the weight, perhaps Ice cream challenges won’t be as much fun or such a treat anymore!! Good luck 🙂

March 25, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Hey that’s awesome advice thanks. One thing which really confuses me is the fruit = sugar thing. Do you cut out all fruit? Even the naturally occurring ones?

Thanks for reading and giving your advice 🙂

Poem and Dish said:
        March 25, 2014 at 7:45 pm

🙂 you r welcome. Well we are not supposed to consume more than 2-3 pieces of fruit per day max. I do avoid fruits if I want to lose weight but no need to cut it out completely. A banana is good every couple of days or so , it is full of many vitamins. Also avoid deep fried foods of course. Try and have as many beautiful veggies as you want but keep your animal products and rice to reasonable portions. And if u r really keen to lose the weight fast, replace white rice with brown. Avoid pasta and cereals, most of cereals r packed with sugar. Have eggs, white cheeses, no fattening yellow cheeses or cream, lots of vegetables, some meat and legumes. You won’t be hungry and u will be eating healthy and fulfilling meals while losing weight. That’s how I always lose my extra kilos and I only ever put it on if I over indulge. Ps: if you have a sugar craving eat a handful of walnuts and make sure u have enough protein in your diet. A lean steak is better than sugar 😉

The Village Hag said:
    March 25, 2014 at 12:03 am

Start dancing! =D

March 25, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Zumba?!

pammyandlesleydiet said:
    March 25, 2014 at 12:23 am

I’ve recently started my health kick, and not really seeing results yet despite trying really hard. I just keep telling myself that stopping now will not make me feel better, even if it sometimes feels like it. And agree with everyone about the tracking, I binge less because I can’t face seeing it written down! I’ve also started running and finding it to be a great obsession.

Good luck! You’re doing well and your blog is awesome 🙂

Pammy (same username as Lesley, we share a blog – we’re two separate people, not two split personalities!)

March 25, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Great advice and thanks so much for motivating me! Reading through comments makes it all so much better 🙂 I’m going to start writing things down. Thanks again for reading!

monteithslythersuth said:
    March 25, 2014 at 12:26 am

And one more thing, lift weights!

March 25, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Does getting myself out of bed include lifting weights?! hahaha

sokebe said:
    March 25, 2014 at 12:40 am

As a person challenged by weight my entire 55+ years, I can tell you that some periods you will be “on” – to the calorie, ounce, slice – ON! Every day exercise, every day journal-ing your daily food intake. Other periods, you will be P*SS on this. Nom Nom Nom… Not trying to be an enabler here, but Grandma’s, vacations and ice cream are three pretty big temptations. No one ever admits it but weight loss is like any other twelve step program. You go one week, one day – sometimes one HOUR – at a time. You forgive yourself the occasional lapses/relapses and always look ahead. Hang in there, BJOAD. Acknowledging the situation is the first step; you are well on your way. Hugs from the USA!

March 25, 2014 at 6:25 pm

As always – great comment. Thanks for taking the time to share your expertise and advice. It’s massively appreciated. I’m glad you’re enjoying the blog! 🙂