What did the cheese say in the mirror… HALLOUMI! Get it? If you didn’t, you don’t belong on my blog.
Please see Masterchef shmear above. Ye it’s shit.
Everything is better stuffed and peppers are no exception – these lil guys love getting a good stuffing. The recipe is super easy and will impress everyone when you bring it out. Men out there don’t worry about your street cred only having veggies for a main meal, the halloumi makes the dish quite filling, but you can serve on the side of meat if you want.
For 4 hungry Jews
6 yellow, red or orange peppers. Not green – no one likes green. Sorry green but you’re bitter. Bitter about that divorce with yellow.
14,780 granules of cous cous. Or 80g
Vegetables for the inside… I used courgettes, mushrooms, onion, olives and garlic
Method to the madness:
1. Empty the peppers, season a little with salt/peps and drizzle with olive oil – place them in the oven on 180C for 15 mins to get softer
2. While the peppers are softening in the oven add boiling water to the cous cous and cover
3. Fry off the vegetable mixture – courgettes (I have yellow AND green below because a new fancy greengrocer opened in West Hampstead) onion, garlic, mushrooms etc.
4. Add vegetable mixture to the cous cous
5. Take peppers out of the oven – add in the cous cous vegetable mixture and top with slice of halloumi. Ignore the pitta chips in the picture.. they err.. were for Charlie
6. Throw back in the oven for 10 more mins and you’re ready to eat!