Apologies for the lack of posts recently, I’ve been horrifically busy at work. I know being busy at work is no excuse for not being good on a diet… but it kinda is bitches. Anywho, I hate to be all Jamie’s 15 minute meals, but I actually want to share with you my Moroccan chicken recipe that is both healthy yet delicious and easy to cook.
Yield: 4 hungry Jews
Ingreds – it may sound like a lot but don’t be freaked out
8 chicken thighs – skin on, bone in – sounds hot right
3 cloves garlic – everyone at work will love you the next day
1 small stem of ginger
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. cumin
Shit loads of chopped coriander – I know sick people out there are corianderphobes… I feel bad for you
2 cans chick peas
3 sweet potatoes or 1 butternut chopped up
Apricots, prunes or raisons or all of it
3 cans of chopped tomatoes
Method to the madness:
1. Make the rockin’ paste – blitz together onion, garlic, ginger. Brown off with oil, honey, cinnamon, cumin
2. Throw some chicken into the mix. Brown it off. If you don’t brown the chicken your dish will taste of pishy water.
3. Once everything has been browned throw in the chopped tomatoes, chick peas, dried fruit, sweet potato or butternut
4. Right now the mixture will be a mix watery mess. Cover and put in the oven on 180 Degrees C for 30 mins.
5. After 30 mins everything will be cooked but you’ll want to reduce the water content a little bit to enhance/concentrate all those delicious flavour flaves.
6. Serve with cous cous, chopped almonds & fresh coriander